Week 5 NFL 2021 Survivor Pool

Congratulations to those who survived week 4!

173 players made it to week 5 and below is a reminder of the rules:

1. You make one pick each week and if your pick loses or ties, you will be eliminated. If your team wins, you will move on to the next week.
  2. You must choose a new team each week. Choosing a team in any given week that you’ve already picked in a previous week will get you eliminated. (For example, if you’re still in by week 10, that means you should have chosen 10 different teams). So you have to plan accordingly. Check HERE if you are unsure.
  3. Your pick will have to be selected before the start of the football week; so you have until Thursday 8 pm ET. (excluding Week 12 where the thanksgiving games begin at 12:30 pm ET so that will be week 12’s deadline) Any picks submitted after the deadline will not count.

More specifics to our survivor pool:

1. The Prize pool will be a winner take all and the amount will be $3000. We just wanted to post the pool as early as possible. If by week 18 there are still a few people left then the prize pool will be split among all players left.
  2. If all remaining players get knocked out in the same week then we will carry it over another week and they will all still be alive but the team they chose will not be able to get picked again. (For example; all 10 people left in week 14 having a losing pick; then all 10 will still be alive the following week.)
  3. If for any reason, you cannot submit your pick through the community survivor page (technical issues, can’t access, etc.) you can email your pick to moderator@bovada.lv but again, it must be received before the deadline; no exceptions. If you email a pick and make a selection in the Poll, your email Pick is what will count.
  4. If you select a team and that game is canceled and not rescheduled for that same week due to Covid after the deadline of submitting picks; will result in a pass to the next week but you will not be able to select that team again. If the game is canceled and re-scheduled before the deadline of submitting your picks then you must select a new team. Failing to select a new team will result in elimination.

Week 5

• Arizona Cardinals
  • Chicago Bears
  • Green Bay Packers
  • New York Giants
  • Detroit Lions
  • Washington Football Team
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Los Angeles Rams
  • San Francisco 49ers
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Denver Broncos
  • New York Jets
  • New England Patriots
  • Las Vegas Raiders
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Miami Dolphins
  • New Orleans Saints
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • Houston Texans

0 voters

5 Likes

are we all going Patriots???

3 Likes

Baltimore to get me to week 6!!!

Voting Houston who’s with me!?

2 Likes

Agree. They have home field advantage and the Patriots will be playing on a shorter week after playing Sunday night. Go Texans!

Go Vikings, maybe the only time to choose Vikings this season.

1 Like

I want to take Patriots but something doesn’t sit right with it and that a majority of people are doing it… I’m going with cowboys to beat giants. :confused:

How do you know a majority are picking Patriots? I didn’t think that data showed anywhere until voting closes at 8pm Thursday?

Dallas for week 5 :crossed_fingers:

Congrats to everyone who advanced to Week 5! Good luck all!

1 Like

The espn survivor pool(200,000 entrants) I’m in has 20% already picking Patriots to win, I was just going off that. My thought is the only reason Patriots came close was because bill b. Knows what brady would do. Other than that they’ve lost pretty bad in a couple games. Next most favored pick is cowboys over giants and then vikings over bengals.

Vikings aren’t playing the Bengals; they’re playing the Lions.

Good observation about Belichick. But that does work both ways: Brady knows Belichick, his assistant coaches, and many of the Patriot defenders. Hard to say how that all balanced out. The rain was clearly an issue for both QBs. But Jones was pretty impressive for a rookie. I think the Patriots are going to like him for many years.

If it wasn’t for Jags, they would be the worst team right now. Go Pats!

Patriots for me this week

1 Like

Lol, I have to chuckle that you corrected someone with an incorrect answer. Vikes are playing the Lions. I think ya all are seeing the sims matchups haha

1 Like

2 Likes

LOL, good catch. Lions and Tigers and Bears. Oh my! Got my NFC North animals mixed up! Thanks, I’ll correct my correction! :joy: And no, I wasn’t looking at anything other than the accurate schedule. I saw Lions, then came over to the board and posted Bears. Brain fart!

1 Like

Ravens on MNF! Lets go!

1 Like

Not gonna over think it. I painted myself into a corner and I can totally see the Cardinals beating the 49ers to go 5-0

If a rookie QB on the road against arguably one of the best up and coming QB with a slew of talent around him can be an upset I deserve to lose. Beside won’t be the first time I’ve lost and I’ve got no money invested in this.

So, Cardinals are my pick.

I see so many people taking Dallas I already took them. Ravens too.

The Bucs would be another option. Rams. Patriots. But I pick Cardinals.

2 Likes

New England

1 Like