Bovada Misgraded my bet and won't pay me my winnings

I had a bet on a live tennis spread. Took -4.5 games and the guy won 7-6, 6-2. Covered.

Bovada grades it as a loss and then won’t give me my money claiming that my bet was “on the 2nd set spread”. Nowhere on my betslip does it show 2nd set. Just says “live match game spread”. Absurd. Talked to 2 agents and a supervisor already and they wont change it or credit me.

Unfortunately this isn’t correct. These are the details of your wager which can be found in your transaction page.

• Congsup Congcar -4.5 (-135)
    • (Live 2nd Set) Game Spread
    • Tennis - ITF Men - ITF Indonesia F1, Men Singles Aug 07, 2022 06:10 AM EDT
    • Congsup Congcar vs Claudio Renardi Lumanau
1 Like

As you can clearly see you did in fact choose a second set spread.

Nope. You guys seem to think it is 2nd set, but i havent been able to see a screen shot from your end. So how can i trust that. And meanwhile Bovada is showing me this.

The screenshot for what we see on our end is this:

Capture

I am not sure why your placement details wouldn’t add up, and will escalate.

I do see you’re currently on the line with a supervisor actually, and will have to wait until that is resolved before I do anything further.

I just ended the chat with the supervisor. They did not help me at all.

This honestly seems to be happening more and more often ( where the bet details don’t match up on the players end and the sites end) as I’ve seen numerous posts on this in the last few weeks

Could this potentiality be an issue you guys had with your recent updates @Ryan_Bovada ?

I have friends here who have PM or text me about similar occurrences. In any event the bet showing on the players end should be what is honored as that is the bet they thought they were making even if it is not what came through on your end. That’s a site functionality issue not a player issue

4 Likes

I have seen it too. I agree…it is bizarre that it happens but when it does how can they just tell me that what I see is not what I actually bet? I believe that they see something different but man… not fair to wake up to a graded loss when the bet I see on my screen is a win.

1 Like

This is actually the first I’m seeing this on the Community, maybe I missed some previous items.

We will of course look into it, but I haven’t actually seen any betslips where the details did not match the placement in regards to specific items like the set that it was placed. Line movements seem to happen more often, but the actual details being wrong isn’t something we’ve seen that often. Either way I’ll escalate now to see what sports replies.

1 Like

Of course Sports Team is going to see exactly what you are seeing. That doesn’t change the fact that it is completely unfair to be seeing -4.5 and not having it graded as a win. When I bet this match it was 3-1 in the set, -4.5 (-135) makes WAY more sense as a full match spread, not 2nd set.

I am not just escalating the line that we see. I’m escalating your screenshot as well.

1 Like

Any update?

We’ve sent you a PM for this.

Email playeradvocacy@bovada.lv

Btw. They use score24.live as there official grade site (that’s what lv stands for “live”, that’s a affiliated site). I had a tennis game that I had won; bovada graded it as cancelled so I checked flashscore, betasi, and sofa score and the tennis game was graded as finished. But on score24 it was graded as cancelled. So I had to take screen shots comparing all the grade sites just to get the decision corrected.

I can’t even review my last 31 days worth of transactions…… this has been going on now for two weeks…. I’ve been told it is a technical issue and the tech team must provide support. I need to wait with no timeline. I’ve asked several times for a report in the meantime but no one will give it to me… I bring this up because I’m seeing a serious transparency problem.

They returned my original wager amount. Even though on my screen every leg of the parlay won, they won’t give me the winnings. So i got $12.50 back instead of $67.03 :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Seriously? Thats tough id be pissed if i make a parlay and what shows in my bet slip is all wins but due to a technicl error or site error on bovadas end, i dont get my winnings only the money back that i originally wagered? WTF

Well still better than a kick in the balls

But yeah i dont see how that’s not a winner

Honestly the most important aspect of a sports book is the confidence players have that their bets will be placed and graded accurately . Without that you really have nothing

I’m sure it really is showing differently on the sites end but that’s really irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the bet the player thought they were placing.

Otherwise what’s to stop a book from changing a line from a -5.5: to a -9.5 and callong a winning bet a loss ( not saying that’s what is happening here at all just pointing out what could happen )

Really the only thing that should matter is what the players bet slip shows

If it was a single bet I can somewhat understand but…a parlay…lol. If they void that leg the other two should be W.