Help: Bonus - Terms and Conditions (“Equal, zero or low margin bets”)

Community and @moderators,

I am reading through the T&Cs for bonuses and I am seeing that there is a line stating a decision on “bonus abuse” can be based on: Equal, zero or low margin bets…. See below.

^^Can someone please help me understand what that even means?

I can only think of a few situations which would reduce margin, but then again… I feel like each of the situations I listed are fair and would be apart of recreational gambling and not abuse.

-Would a +100 bet be “Equal, zero or low margin bets”?

-If I grabbed an opening line for Team A at +150 and then I am able to hedge my bet by during the game by grabbing Team B at +200, ultimately locking in strategic profit, would this be considered “Equal, zero or low margin bets”?

I just want this clarified so that my ignorance does not result in a flagged or closed account in the future. I am sure this being clarified would help others in the community as well.

Please let me know if the scenarios listed above meet “Equal, zero or low margin bets”, and maybe an example that I did not list, if possible.

Thanks!

@Vivian_Bovada, I just came back to see that there has been no response still after multiple hours. Do you have any insight on this? I posted this a few hours ago and tagged @moderators. I see you are the only moderator online.

Thank you.

It basically means you can’t back both sides of the line to remove rollover

Thanks for the response Paul.

Wow, so @Paul_Bovada, just to clarify and make sure I understand completely - Since each applicable sports bet I make after a deposit bonus will ultimately go towards the rollover requirement (lesser of the won vs risked amount if it’s a win, and the risked amount if it’s a loss), if I did in-fact grab an opening line for Team A at +150 and then had an opportunity to do the sensible and logical thing of live betting the other side for Team B to hedge my original bet at +200, then that is a direct violation and is subject to the abuse of “Equal, zero or low margin bets” where the account could really be closed down?

Yes I would think so, although I think they would likely just remove bonus eligibility.

1 Like

Thanks Paul. I personally think that is very aggressive since the intent of me doing so would be to limit my loss and try to capture profit if the opportunity is given…. Which I think makes sense when it comes to gambling haha. You want to win a little bit every once in a while vs being in a position where you have the opportunity to save a bit of profit, but can’t because of fear of losing access to bonuses going forward.

Nonetheless, I know they aren’t your rules and I appreciate the guidance.

Let me ask you this… is there anywhere in T&Cs that you know of that prohibits me doing the above scenario of hedging to hopefully limit my losses on my own deposited funds (not bonus funds)? I have read through the T&C’s pretty thoroughly, but want to make sure I haven’t overlooked it. Thanks

Not that i’m aware of, but i’d check the terms to make sure. I think it would only apply to bonus funds

I didn’t put a bonus !! :slightly_frowning_face:

@Moniesss, what do you mean? Did this happen to you? Did you get flagged for this portion of the Terms and Conditions?