Progressive Knockout Tournaments?

So i’ve seen other platforms offer bounty tournaments where there is a progressive knockout, ie: when you knockout somebody you get let’s say 75% of their bounty and the other 25% gets added to your own bounty so as you go later in the tournaments the bounties significantly increase. I haven’t seen these types of tournaments on here but i’d like to, makes it a lot more interesting deep in tournaments instead of just having the standard bounty to collect. Wanted to gather some community members thoughts and get the ball rolling.

3 Likes

That’s an awesome idea that we can bring across to the leadership team.

4 Likes

Keep me updated, would love to see their thoughts, and (hopefully) play in the inaugural if all goes well.

2 Likes

This would be an enticing feature. Bounties are always a good sell but having a growing bounty is even better.

2 Likes

Agreed, progressive KO tournies are really fun!

4 Likes

Bump on this, any updates?

2 Likes

Nothing yet, but we’ll circle back as soon as we hear anything.

1 Like

I’m assuming you haven’t heard anything back but based on the popularity of progressive knockouts I think this is the easiest (maybe not technical wise) decision to start doing. Only major poker difference between bovada and other platforms is the anonymity which people have their opinions on and progressive KOs which I think would bring in more people

2 Likes

Yeah no updates still waiting not sure how hard it is to implement but can’t be too difficult

Just a heads up here as we just wanted to ensure we moved this over to ‘Implemented’ as we have now instituted progressive KO tournaments as of last week. Thanks for the feedback as always and it definitely helped in adding them.

4 Likes

Great to see these added. Just a simple question. How do you know how much you are worth?

50% of the bounty amount that you claim from other players is essentially added to your own head, so you can always calculate yourself, however, this should also be shown on top of player tags as shown below:

Bounty
(This is simply an example picture FYI)

2 Likes

Yes, it is shown on all other players but yourself. I did see it in the tournament lobby but it would be nice to see it on the table for yourself.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

It looks to me like your own bounty in the lower right-hand corner.

1 Like