Remove buy or sale posts once completed from the live thread

Remove buy or sale posts once completed from the live thread

1 Like

Completed trades are closed. No further comments can be made on them.
They will close automatically after 12 hours if we do not close them manually before.

1 Like

I know they’re closed however it’s still there and there its sometimes confusing when they are still showing in the thread. I’ve used the options on the top however it brings up old stuff

1 Like

All closed threads will have a padlock icon on them, it wouldn’t be viable for us to delete each closed post unfortunately.

1 Like

Is it possible to “unlist” or “hide” them? I have wondered about this before. The tiny locks aren’t the easiest thing to see on mobile. I typically just look to see if the profile pic of the last activity is a mod or not and if so, keep scrolling.

1 Like

I will bring this up at our meeting to see if it may be something we can do.

3 Likes

I completely agree with you guys. Have been wondering why we don’t just delete them. Or even if it can allow us to delete them. That would be nice. Then when we sell out we can just delete the post we made.

My guess is it’s probably related to keeping an eye on things from a buying / selling / ripping people off stand point.

I just thought to reduce clutter (and maybe the dreaded “A Post Already Exists With This Title” error message where you have to get creative in ordering your title just to create a new post), if there was a way to not show them if they are closed, that might help.

2 Likes

This isn’t going to be something we would be able to implement unfortunately.

Is the “Title already exists” from all of our previous posts or all the current Marketplace posts?

There are only so many different combinations to say, “I’m selling $100 with Zelle”.

1 Like

Yess… This too :point_up_2:. I’m like… How many ways can I say that? Or how many emoji do I need to add? And also when replying on PM… I’m constantly having to change it. Because it’s to similar :woman_facepalming:t3: