Official wording of the bet
Squares Game for any Quarter. The winning selections will be the two
end digits of each team’s Score at the end of each Quarter . For
example, if the score at the end of 1Q is Kansas 3 Philadelphia 14, then
the 1st winning selection will be KC 3 PHI 4. If the 2Q score is Kansas 10
Philadelphia 7 then the 2nd winning selection will be KC 0 PHI 7. If the
3Q score is Kansas 14 Philadelphia 14 then the 3rd winning selection will
be KC 4 PHI 4.

Based on it being a square game and it says team score and the end of the every quarter I bet on KC 1 and PH 7. Now based on the game and wording in the first few sentences it is made to seem like it works like your normal football square games. The last digit of the score at the end of every quarter is the winner. Now having KC 1 and PH 7 I was ecstatic when the score after the 3rd was KC 21 and PH 27. Bovada originally paid out my bet but quickly took it back. I chatted with several people and they are now telling me the bet was for the Points scored in any quarter. Therefore if each team scored a touchdown in every quarter it would be KC 7 PH 7 every quarter regardless of the actual score of the game. Now I get what they are saying but the wording of the bet is Squares game and it says teams score at the end of every quarter, not teams points scored at the end of every quarter. Am I the only one that finds this a bit confusing and misleading?

1 Like

I got done the same exact way

I do agree that perhaps this could have been better stated, though the wager details clearly state the 2nd quarter score and the 3rd quarter score. They don’t state the game score at the time.

It says each teams score at the end of the the quarter. There’s also nothing said to indicate that team score is referring to only the points scored in the that specific quarter. The game is based off a game where total score is calculated at the end of each quarter. Further it says team score at the end of each quarter. You refer to the examples but the examples are just to indicate how the second digit is used to know what number is bet. There’s nothing indicating the score in the examples are points scored in the quarter, they could very well be the total score at the end of the quarters as an example. Also i was initially paid out so someone over at bovada agrees with me.

No one has ever said “2nd quarter score” to refer to the number of points scored in the 2nd quarter alone.

I challenge you to write the rules for a “traditional” squares game. You could not write it any clearer than “The winning selections will be the two end digits of each team’s Score at the end of each Quarter.” Which was the wording used on this bet.

“Each team’s score” at the end of the 4th quarter were 38 and 35.

Everyone has the same logic except Bovada. That was pure BS, and they know it. Like someone said before, they initially paid out. I feel like they took a hit in that department and went back “found” how they cheat their way out.

As a note this is being discussed in more detail HERE, and this is where we’ll provide updates going forward. We’ll be closing this thread as it’s essentially a duplicate.