Week 8 NFL 2021 Survivor Pool

Woah how many were on the Cardinals there? Nobody?

Wow can’t believe nobody was on the Cardinals

Why? I wouldn’t have touched that. 7-0 Cardinals vs. 6-1 Packers? There were lots better choices than picking a 6-1 team to lose.

Bc we won’t win if they didn’t let’s not completely forget

hmmm looks like I am the only one on the Chargers…hope i did not miss the memo.

GL everyone!

It’s only a poor strategy if you lose …

Double digit favorites that got bailed out include Minnesota over Detroit, and Ravens over colts. You never know what can happen regardless of spread and matchup

But yeah I wouldn’t have touched the colts game this week. Lol

1 Like

I was on GB +6.5 and ML so wasn’t going to take the Cards against the Bad Man on Thursday night

2 Likes

Crazy how many took the chiefs…

1 Like

I won’t be embarrassed to go down with some of the names who took the Chefs with me

1 Like

That would be a MASSIVE upset if they lost to the Giants. I know know Mahomes won’t let that happen, furthermore ANDY REID is not going to let that happen.

2 Likes

Giants are terrible. Chiefs still have mahomes. I don’t see it as a bad pick this week

3 Likes

I hate the Chiefs so seeing them lose on MNF to the Giants and bury themselves in the division would be worth losing the contest.

2 Likes

They just got blown out by Titans and embarrassed

Now they’re at home on MNF

It’s one of those if the Chiefs lose… one in a million

2 Likes

Chiefs are definitely riskier than the other chalk but if I didn’t have Cincy I would have taken them. I already burned the bills and have other spots for the Rams

1 Like

I need to use the chiefs I can’t trust them and the G men are terrible.

I don’t need the chiefs to cover I’ll take a W any way I can get it and I think that’s what’s gonna happen.

I used a few teams I would take this week and I can’t use them anymore and the other chances are just imo riskier

I’m not a Chiefs fan if they lose back to back weeks I’ll get over it.

A week or two ago someone was saying the Chiefs were the best team in the NFL. Almost spit coffee up my nose on that one! They’re mediocre. Earlier in the season I had them penciled in for this week, but changed my mind after seeing how horrible their defense is and how the offense can’t score enough to make up for it. But I decided to go with them this week because I didn’t have a better alternative. I still have the Bills, Bucs, Cowboys and some other strong teams left, but want to save them for later. (Also have Packers and Cardinals left, but picking one of them this week looked like playing Russian Roulette with a single-shot derringer.) Looking at the schedule, this is the only week I dare bet on the Chiefs. Every game after this they’re likely to be an underdog or a very slight favorite. So hoping the Giants don’t put everything together and knock them off. Nobody’s going to win this contest without a ton of luck. Even the most lopsided games are typically no more than 4:1 odds. The oddsmakers are putting the Chiefs’ probability to win against the Giants at 79%. The biggest favorite is the Rams over the Texans at 89%. Even if we could pick an 89% favorite every week, which we can’t, that’s only an 8:1 favorite. We’ll typically lose once every 9 picks, or twice in an 18-week season. So we need to make good picks but also get lucky in dodging the Upset Monster, who lurks behind every pick we make.

You still have the Bengals left. They look as solid against the Jets as the Chiefs do against the Giants. I’d have considered picking them except I apparently seek out games that are going to be decided by last second field goals, so I already used them earlier against Jaguars, just like I used the Ravens against the Lions, somehow clairvoyantly knowing that Justin Tucker would win the game with a 115-yard field goal. So look to see the Chiefs beating the Giants with 0:00 left on the clock as a field goal bounces over the crossbar. Apparently that’s the way I roll!

1 Like

I took the Bengals and I could still see that game being close. Third road game in a row for the Bengals coming off an emotional divisional win.

You just never know sometimes. But rams Bengals and Chiefs I have no judgement for anyone who takes them. If they lose outright it would be a massive upset.

1 Like

76 Jets fans today. GO JETS!!! :grin:

Why is it crazy? This will be the last time this year they will be this big a favorite, are in a must win situation and the Giants are still without their top RB and WR.

Sure they won last week this an over rated beat up Panther team and yes KC isn’t on top of their game as in past years but if there was a spot to use KC and you didn’t use them, this was the week to do so.

1 Like

As a Pats fan I can confirm that the Jets will always be the Jets :joy: