95th Academy Awards 2023

The nominees for the 95th Academy Awards have been announced.

Wagering Lines can be found here

Any thought on the winners for this year?

Any potential surprises?

Best Actor

Brendan Fraser
Colin Farrell
Austin Butler
Paul Mescal
Bill Nighy

Best Actress

Cate Blanchett
Michelle Yeoh
Ana De Armas
Andrea Riseborough
Michelle Williams

Best Director

Daniel Kwan And Daniel Scheinert
Steven Spielberg
Martin McDonagh
Todd Field
Ruben Ostlund

Best Picture

Everything Everywhere All At Once
The Banshees Of Inisherin
Top Gun: Maverick
The Fabelmans
All Quiet On The Western Front
TƁR
Women Talking
Elvis
The Whale

Best Supporting Actor

Brendan Gleeson - The Banshees Of Inisherin
Brian Tyree Henry - Causeway
Judd Hirsch - The Fabelmans
Barry Keoghan - The Banshees Of Inisherin
Ke Huy Quan - Everything Everywhere All At Once

Best Supporting Actress

Angela Bassett - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Kerry Condon - The Banshees Of Inisherin
Jamie Lee Curtis - Everything Everywhere All At Once
Hong Chau - The Whale
Stephanie Hsu - Everything Everywhere All At Once

2 Likes

This is a really good movie.

3 Likes

You guys arenā€™t serious about this post, right? I mean, really?

@isajulrah You donā€™t like this post?

Seems like there are more important issues to spend time on, but I get that itā€™s fun sometimes to have a little distraction.

I will have to check it out :+1:

1 Like

Thatā€™d be great and share your thoughts later. If you recommend any movie Iā€™d appreciate it too.

P.S. I personally think Janelle Monae deserved to be nominated for playing twin sisters in ā€œThe knives out 2ā€. She did a great job only by switching her accents, which for me is already incredible.

1 Like

Did you watch the Banshees movie? It wasnā€™t a thriller or action film at all, but I liked it.

I donā€™t see why The Fabermanā€™s is getting so much love. Not Oscar worthy in my book.

ā€œā€¦more important issues to spend time onā€¦ā€

Bovada is a on-line gambling site. Of course there are more important issues than gambling. If you donā€™t gamble, why are you on Bovada in the first place?

Austin Butler will win best actor and itā€™s not close.

She is a very good actress. The first role I remember her in was on the second season of Prime Videoā€™s series ā€œHomecoming.ā€ I thought the show was mediocre, but she was outstanding. But I just checked and she also starred in ā€œHidden Figures,ā€ which was four years earlier. Thatā€™s actually the mark of a good actor: when you donā€™t remember the actor, just the character, like with Daniel Day Lewis, who becomes the character he plays and you just donā€™t pay attention to who the actor is. MonĆ”e is like that for me.

1 Like

Maybe a little biased, Elvis? :joy:

1 Like

@StndrDeviant, I already added her movies in the watchlist, lol. Iā€™ll take any other suggestions too.

I watched the Avatar the other day. Itā€™s a beautiful movie, with all the 3D affects. Iā€™m sure technology wise itā€™s a peak of moviemaking, but The best picture? Iā€™d say itā€™s a bit exaggeration.

Dominic, any way we will be able to run parlays on Oscars or is it straight bets only?

@Schneebs, Iā€™m not really sure, to be honest. If you want specific combination in Parley let me know and Iā€™ll check with sports.