I made a bet that could not win

I made a bet that a doubles tennis match would be u15.5 games. The score Bovada reported was 6-1, 1-5. The real score was 6-1, 2-5 however. Therefore, my bet could not hit in any scenario. This seems like the bet should be void, right, as it was an obvious line error.

Tennis games don’t end 1-5?

They have to complete the match and win each set by 6 games

I know. When I placed the bet, Bovada said it was 6-1, 1-5 (it was actually 6-1, 2-5. Then I watched the match and they won the second set 6-1 according to both bovada and the live stream. Turned out, both Bovada and the live stream were misreporting the score, and it was actually 2-6 (2-5 when I placed the bet)

Doesn’t matter the scoreboard

What is the final outcome?

Hi @DJT1717, if you are referring to the scoreboard here The Live Scoreboard should NOT be relied upon when making wagering decisions it is only there for informational purposes only an update when official information is received.

All wagers will be settled based on the official result. Apologies for the delayed response.

The bet they allowed me to make had already lost—does that not matter?

1 Like

What am i missing here? If you bet u15.5 and it ended 6-1 6-2 then you won

7 +8 is 15 lol

It ended 6-1, 2-6, plus 3rd set tiebreak (1 game)

1 Like

Gotcha. So they inverted the score

Don’t wanna be rude but It’s your fault to not follow the game and rely on scoreboard

Unfortunately it’s a L bro

I think the issue with this is that we’ve been told numerous times here that while the scoreboard isnt to be trusted that the LINES are not genetated by the scoreboard. Which, in this instance, is obviously not true as the o/u clearly wouldn’t have been 15 5 if the line was not based iff the incorrect score

Since the LINE was wrong then the bet should be voud due to line error as im 100% certain that if he had known the real score and bet the o15.5 the site woupd have certaonly voided the win

The score being wrong isn’t really relevant. The line itself was wrong

So you cant maintaon your scoreboard doesnt impact your line then uphold an instance where it obviously does

Yeah thank you. The line was wrong, I’m just referencing the score board because the line reflected the scoreboard accurately. If I had known the real score, I would’ve bet 100% of my bankroll on the already decided o15.5

And they would’ve voided it did to line error

That’s really the point

The line was wrong

Scoreboard doesn’t matter

the response from support i think needs to be a little more helpful in addressing the issue here

it makes sense to say that if you’ve placed a bet that could win or lose, then its the players responsibility to be correct on the info they rely on to make the wagering decision

but if at the time of the bet, Bovada is offering a wager that can only lose, that is an issue that should only be seen as the fault/responsibility of Bovada. is that wrong somehow?

I think this is an excellent point. While I don’t have a phenomenal understanding of the technology behind live wagering, it doesn’t make sense that the lines can be accurate, while the scoreboard isn’t. If the line is accurate when a bet is made, then that means that the data is being properly added/updated in their systems. If the data is being updated accurately for wagering purposes, then there’s no reason that the scoreboard can’t reflect the relevant information for that betting market.

Of course, delays are a variable in live betting. There are three ways to mitigate this issue for players, none of which Bovada utilize:

1. Similar to other books, allow players to decide if they want to allow all line changes or whether they are only accepting the bet if the line/odds do not change regardless of a delay.

2. Have the wager be immediately accepted, with zero delay or approval time required. (This is the best option in my opinion).d

3. Only allow live wagers during commercial breaks (not ideal for sports like soccer, table tennis, etc.)

Too often I think the problem is that live wagers are pending for a long time. As a result, whether or not a wager is accepted or denied is entirely dependent if Bovada benefits from the changes. It’s a huge advantage for them and having the language “The Live Scoreboard should NOT be relied upon when making wagering decisions it is only there for informational purposes only an update when official information is received.” in their rules is an all too convenient excuse for the unfairness.

The issue is Bovada has always maintained that their lines are independent of their scoreboard. The 2 aren’t connected in any manner ( according to the site )

That’s how they justify the “our live scoreboard soups be restored upon when mashing a bet”

Because IF the line are independent then that statement is fine . Its only if that statement is false when you get an issue

Problem is there are a plethora of examples where the lines and the scoreboard are 1000% clearly and verifiably connected

The incident in this post is one of them

Obviously at 6-1, 2-5 the o/u for the match COULDNT be 15.5. Its impossible

So the ONLY explanation for it being 15.5 is the line was being created off the incorrect 6-1, 5-2 score

In other words it was line error. Which means the bet shoupd be voided just aa it undoubtedly would’ve been if the over 15.5 had been taken

I agree that you shouldn’t blindly use their scoreboard and should have independent information.

What I would be curious to know is if those that bet O15.5 with their whole balance once realizing their was a line error with the score being 6-1 2-5 because with the 1 game tiebreak, under 15.5 is impossible, were paid out or not. I never like it when you void 1 side (the winning side) due to line error but let the losing side stand. That’s never made sense to me. That having your cake and eating it too.

You’ll never find that out

But the reality is this was verifiably and 100% line error

There’s no argument to be made that it wasn’t

So by Bovadas own standards the bet should be voided

Full stop

A match cannot be 6-1, 2-5 and have an o/u of 15.5. It’s impossible. Unless the line is wrong

1 Like

Completely agree, I was just wondering about the other side because it would make sense if they voided the wagers on the “Guaranteed win” side of the line error, but if they ruled those a line error then the “Guaranteed loss” side is a line error as well, that’s all I am saying.