Just had my bets canceled for two winning bets

Lol then I guess refund all the esports basketball bets as pushes for integrity reasons

4 Likes

There were probably weird betting patterns and got flagged by multiple books, if you were clueless about the game in general it was just blind slightly bad luck. You didn’t lose anything. If someone were to post about their losing bet not being voided THEN this would be a HUGE deal.

I haven’t seen any other books void this game. I have been keeping my eye everywhere to see an explanation for this and have yet to find one thing about this game. If you have proof the game was fixed post the email or whatever to just show players that’s all I’m asking. You just can’t void a game and not show anything. And they took two hours to void my bets after the game was over.

And why would a loser post about being voided. They were probably happy as hell. They got their money back. But I would definitely like to hear from a bettor that got voided. But probably now if a loser posted. I probably wouldn’t believe it. They are probably a schill and just posting cause someone told them too.

We will try to see if there’s more information that can be provided here, but it’s not something we’re going to be able to guarantee unfortunately. Again, while I do get the sentiment that we could do this for any match, the truth is that this simply isn’t the case. It is an extremely rare occurrence.

I also understand the sentiment that this could simply be us trying to void a losing wager to gain an edge, though on a personal end, even in the belief that this is something we would do (which we wouldn’t) I doubt this early morning Turkish basketball game had very much action on it. Not that that changes how it affected specific players, and we’re obviously sorry for that.

All that to say, I am still going to go ahead and see if we can get more information about this, though it’s likely to take a day or two before we have any update.

2 Likes

That is all i am asking for is an explanation and not just someone saying this game is voided due to integrity concerns. I would like to know the extent of so called integrity concerns. Was it my two little $30 and $40 wagers that on in game under that threw up a flag. Because at first I put in the under bet at 115.5 and then they scored a couple of quick baskets and the total went up to 118.5. So I put another bet in at that point. In no way shape or form do I know anything about these obscure teams. Like you said that was an early morning turkish basketball game how much action couldve really been on this game. I know my little $60-$70 wager should not throw up a flag.

1 Like

Oh and just another nugget to throw out there. Two books here in the United States that i know of had this game on their board Fanduel and William Hill. And both did not void any wagers on this game.

1 Like

I do too. It really compromises bovada and it’s integrity. Thank goodness it wasn’t a grand or something.

1 Like

@chinoguy good call man! Interesting to see if any other books had the same issue.

Wow. This really scares me as a better on bovada. Please update on what happens and any further explanation from bovada. I do not want to be sports betting on this site if they can just pull this. They need solid proof. Wow. I love this community, but this may be the straw that broke the camel back if this isn’t settled appropriately.

3 Likes

How can they know something about the game that larger corporations like fanduel wouldn’t? Do they have ties into the league? Without an explanation or proof from Bovada this can only get uglier

While i dont think the site is voiding winning bets to gain an edge if they were to do that theyd obviously not do it in huge money games with lots of media attention and action on them

If you void a NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL World Cup game etc you couldnt really get away with it as itd be obvious

So if a book were inclined to do this then doibg it on 10 “Turkish basketball” games woupx be what theyd do

Once again not saying thats whats happening here

1 Like

Would like to see confirmation from someone who had a losing bet here voided as well.

2 Likes

Just to give an update to everyone following this post. They have paid me my winnings from the game. Thank you @Paul_Bovada @Ryan_Bovada

5 Likes

Only thing they can do…glad they followed through…especially since it’s only 70 dollars.

Glad it got resolved

Not sure if this game was the cause, as I didn’t bet it at all, but I got a message from support today saying my wager limits had been reduced permanently and that my bets were cancellable if they think I was “taking advantage of an error.” I haven’t even placed a bet in a week. Really shady…

This wouldn’t be related to this. It is solely an account decision made by our Book Managers and accounts team.

1 Like

I though the “taking advantage of errors” thing might be related (although I didn’t do that). Guess I just got blacklisted again for no reason! Nice.