Parlay and Round Robin how do I know what is causing it?

When I make a bet sometimes Its a parlay which is what I want. I’ll select 6 teams and have a great parlay other times I’ll select 6 teams and it’ll make it into a round robin and not a parlay. So something is causing it to change. Sometimes I can do a 11 team parlay. Other times it makes 10 team a round robin.

How do I know if it’ll be a parlay or round robin? What causes bovada to make it one or the other?

If I have a 10 team and it makes it into a Round Robin. I don’t know what team is causing it to be a round robin… I know if I remove 1 team and it’s the right team it’ll make it into a parlay which is what I want. But I have no idea which team to remove and to go 1 by 1 would take forever… I would basically have to make the selection 10 to 20 times to see which 1 or 2 teams is causing it to be a round robin instead of a parlay. How can I tell?

It should tell you at the top of the bet slip if you’re placing a RR or Parley.

@Dominic_Bovada 1.) why is it causing the bet to be round robin or parlay?

2.) when I make a 12 team parlay and it ends up being round robin, how do I know which teams is causing it to be round robin so I can make it a 10 team parlay instead? I don’t know which ones to remove, how can I tell?

That is a great question. I would say that any leg that is not allowed to be included in the same parley will result turning the bet into a RR. For example you cannot combine point spreads and/or moneylines for the same team from the same game, even if the lines are from different segments of the game, thus if you choose those legs when placing a bet in Multiples section of the betslip the Parley will turn into a Round Robin.

All the Parley rules you can find here - What is a Parley?

@Dominic_Bovada

Thanks but that is not the issue and we haven’t answered the question only answers that I already knew. Could you please assist. I appreciate you being so helpful and answering.

it’s all the same type of Money Line Bet. It’s something specific where Bovada is choosing to NOT allow specific games especially in LIVE games into a parlay. Bovada will specicially not allow a LIVE match into an online parlay and then will create a Round Robin with all of the bets.

1.) Why is bovada not allowing specific online live bets to be in a large parlay?
2.) Once bovada switches it to a Round Robin from a Parlay - i have say 10 teams and I can see all of the round robin and what bovada is doing. How can I tell exactly which team or teams are not allowed in the Parlay?
3.) Is there a specific guideline they go by for Moneylines to be in a RR but not a parlay? Is there a specific thing they dont want and this way I can figure out of my 10 teams which one I need to remove, because trying to guess 1 by 1 or maybe its 2 or 3 teams would take long time to figure out as there are so many variations. Can you get an answer on this?

This rules are made by the sports team and even though I’m not sure the main idea behind all of them I would say they are in order to avoid sports fraud.

Moneylines are allowed in the Parley, they are not allowed with Point Spreads for the same team for the same game. In the link I’ve provided you can see all the restrictions for the Parleys, if one of them exists the Multiples bet will change from Parley to RR. Meaning, you’ll be able to place bet on Moneyline and Pointspread but in two different bets (two different parleys, combined in one RR).

1 Like

Sometimes it can just be a site issue. This happens to me constantly. Try clearing the slip and placing the same wagers to your ticket but in a different order. I bet you will find sometimes it will accept it as a parlay(which you want) and not a round robin. You can also one by one remove certain legs and see which one is causing it to revert to a RR. This has been plaguing me for years as well.

1 Like

It’s hard to remove one by one because it would take forever and usually I do multiple sports so it’s hard to tell because they’ll do the parlay with fewer teams but I won’t know which is the one causing it.

However thanks for that suggestion I bet that would work on some and I’ll try and see it’s just hard on live games because they get paused so quickly so to do 10 game live parlay it’s lucky if a few isn’t paused when you bet.

I wish it said this one can’t do a large parlay or some indicator. But it looks like only admin knows and the @Dominic_Bovada mods don’t really know and aren’t able to ask admin what they are.

No strictly asking about Live bets and Money line bets no bets same team and no bet points spread. Only money line how can I tell which team?

Let me show you with an example. As one of the parley rules sattes:

What is Parley?

• On the screenshot below I’ve selected Pointspread and Moneyline for two different events and the betslip shows the bet as Parley.

• On the next screenshot here, I’ve selected Moneyline for the same event I’ve previously selected Pointspread for and as you can see the betslip changed to Round Robin.

This is just a one example.