Tennis - Live Odds Discrepancy or Confusion - It's not going the way it should?

Made up names as an example but I notice this happening a lot.

Ace Adams vs Ben Brent Tennis Match - ATP

Ace Beat Ben - 7-5 in the first set. He is 1-0 best of 3 sets.

Currently they are playing game 8 with the score
4 - 3 Ace
Ace Adams is serving and its 40-0

Current Live odds:
-1400 Ace Adams
+900 Ben Brent

Ace Adams wins! Now it’s 5-3

Odds drop to
-1200 Ace Adams
+800 Ben Brent

Why would the live odds change to worst odds for Ben Brent and better odds for Ace Adams after he wins a game?

He just won a game and he has a better chance to win the set now and the entire match!

Why is the live odds doing this for tennis where something good is happening and the odds change seemingly in the opposite direction?

This happened today in the 3rd set with Alexey Zakharov vs Yunseong Chung.

Alex had it 40-0. And Chung had better odds here. Then he lost the game and his live betting went so you’d win less and Alex after he won had it so you can bet less to win more.

Hi @StevJK,

This is how odds usually work. If your team or selection is winning then the odds should imply that making a bet on them will pay less as they are more likely to win. That’s really what it’s telling you, the person who is winning has better odds to win and the person who is losing has worse odds to win. If you pick on the losing side and they happen to make a comeback then you get better pay as they are more likely to lose.

1 Like

@Mikey_Bovada hows does that make sense?

Ben just lost the game. and Ace just won a game. So by Ace winning the game he has a worst chance to win? and Ben now has a BETTER chance to win the game? Ben’s odds went from +900 to +800. meaning he has a better chance to win the match now that he lost the game?

could you please clear up my confusing if the odds for Ace went from -1400 to -1200. Meaning he is less likely to win correct? and the odds from +900 to +800 means that Ben has a better chance to win correct? So why does losing a point and the game make it better for Ben? and worst for Ace?

-1200 means he has better odds, +800 is worse odds, and this is how it has always been.

going from -1400 to -1200 means worst odds to win.
going from +900 to +800 means better odds to win.

what am i not understanding here?

@Mikey_Bovada

Your example does not seem accurate as this is not how it works; however, we will keep an eye out to ensure that the odds are changed in the way they should.

Just realized what you meant, I do see the error.

Hey there, I cant find the prop builder anymore since the update yesterday, is it removed from the site?