UFC 269 - Olivera vs Poirier

ufc-269-tickets_12-11-21_17_618d44794e014

Fight week is upon again and what a card we have coming to us Live Saturday night at the T - Mobile arena in Las Vegas :slot_machine:

This a fully Stacked Card and what a way to kick off our Main Card when Raulian Paiva takes on one of the most exciting up and coming names in the Bantamweight division Sean O’Malley. O’Malley is looking to break into the Top 10 and establish himself as a soon to be Number 1 Contender but will have a tricky test getting past a Stubborn Paiva is is looking at the top 10 rankings himself.

After that we’ve another two explosive match ups when we head over to Flyweight to watch Kai Kara France take on Cody Garbrandt and then a Welterweight bout between Geoff Neal & Santiago Ponzinibbio.

These to bouts will have us all warmed up for the Co Main event and the Main event as we are graced at seeing One of the Greatest of all Time Amanda Nunes defends her Bantamweight title against Julianna Pena. Nobody has been able to ocme up with an answer for the dominance Nunes has displayed over her career is Pena the one dethrone the Brazilian and become the new Bantamweight Champion?

Then to finish off the night we have an mouth watering Main Event. As Charles Olivera looks to defend his Light weight title as he takes on Dustin Poirier. Poirier is coming off of back to back victories against Connor McGregor has now looks to become to Lightweight champion and sign off on a Steller 18 months, however the heart of Olivera will have much to say as he has completely changed his game and has earned the right to have the Lightweight gold straight around his waist. Will we see a new Lightweight champion or will the Brazilian raise to the level we’ve seen in his last few fights and see him leaving Vegas as the defending champion :facepunch:t2:

Whatever happens we’re sure that this is going to be a great weekend of UFC! Lets us know your thoughts on the match ups below :arrow_down: :arrow_down:

5 Likes

Can’t wait for this Saturday should be some great fights. I think Dustin will be able to get the win and finally get the belt. Hopefully afterwards we eventually get to see him and Gaethje have a rematch

3 Likes

It’s going to a stormer of an Main event. All road point that way if Dustin manages to pull off the win. Also heard Connor McGregor will walk into a title match if Charles defends the Belt.

4 Likes

Amanda Nunes all the way!

Big Card is tonight. Lets Go!!

1 Like

Peña and Charles for the upsets today.

3 Likes

@Jovann on upset alert. I love it

1 Like

Tai Tuivasa is an electric factory when he fights, can’t wait to see some of these undercard fights too!

Tuivasa, O’Malley, Nunes, Garbrandt, Oliveira are the main picks I like. Should be a fun watch!

3 Likes

Sugar Sean. Love catching this guys fights

2 Likes

I’m waiting for sugar to face better competition I feel it’s time for him.

2 Likes

Yeah they’ve definitely been massaging his career and trying to build Sugar Sean into a superstar by feeding him no-names. Eventually he’s gonna have to face a guy in the top 10 and we will truly see if he’s got it.

1 Like

I like Kara-France. Garbrandt is finished.

2 Likes

Plus PENA and OLIVEIRA for main upsets tonight but can only do 12 team parlay

Went 9 and 5 not to bad missed the boat on my upsets but live and learn

2 Likes

Agreed, on France and Oliveira I think both are live dogs with paths to victory.

I would not be upset if Poirier wins, I’m a fan of both him and Oliveira.

1 Like

Also agree that Pena has a shot if she can survive the first couple of rounds.

1 Like

I think stylistically Pena presents some issues. Not sure it will mean much in the end though.

2 Likes

Agreed, grappling and wrestling seem to be Nunes weakness.

She also has an infant at home now so maybe she has taken her foot off the gas pedal a little?

1 Like

I really like Miranda Maverick and Munhoz as well.

2 Likes

Maverick looks terrible

1 Like

Tuivasa! Told @Matty_Bovada earlier in this thread that he was an electric factory and he didn’t let us down. I wouldn’t do a shooey, but watching him do one live when I was ringside for McGregor and Poirier 3 in July was awesome.

2 Likes