Wagering Glitch Doubles up my wager, too bad sooo sad

So yeah, happened again…and coincidentally it’s ALWAYS with a wager placed within mins of it’s start time, so Bov is unfortunately unable to assist you with the issue of a duplicated wager bc the games have started…and instead of being one of the better books for customer service and offering you some kind of something for the trouble, it’s boot you out of the chat and wishing you good luck! Now I know, I placed the wager so I should have faith in doubling up anyway…but it’s the principle…I didn’t WANT to place it twice or I would have placed it three times.

HAHAa…cannnnot ■■■■ing WAIT until this state becomes legal, I’m audi5k in a heartbeat.

There, just wanted to vent about how horrible this joint is once again.

Hi @skunky,

While your frustration is understandable, once the match is live there is nothing we can do in terms of cancelation. Please keep in mind that there has been no issue reported by our Technical Team.

I understand that and was being cynical. This always tends to happens to me right before a game starts, so by the time I get to the chat and have to wait for someone to chat with the game’s already begun. I’ve made a plethora of wagers today with no issue, but the one I try to squeeze in at the last min cycles in queue for a good 2mins and kicks me out prompting me to look at line movement. I don’t see any change, so hit submit again but low and behold it actually had gone through???

Blah Blah Blah I’m talking to the air here, it doesn’t matter anyway, not like you guys would be gracious enough with customer service to realize that happened and the fact there’s nothing that can be done about it so, “here Jon, he’s a credit on us, sorry that happened” is really like “sorry for the inconvenience, but we’re gambling that you’ll lose that and we double up on it (evil laugh!!!)”. LOL.

Carry on, nothing to see here…

The parlay SMACKED. Doubled up. ZING.