Week 4 NFL 2021 Survivor Pool

Conveniently forgot that this game was in London so definitely changing my pick lol. That being said, there’s absolutely merit in choosing a worse off team to stack the odds on SB favorites til the end no? Let’s say theoretically I make it to week 8~, and I have Bills, Packers, Chiefs, Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Buccs left, then I can just cherry pick the highest favorite every week from there on out.

1 Like

What were your first 4 just out of curiosity? I assume given your username you’re purely statistical with your picks? I went Panthers Patriots Zona Bengals and frankly feel like I’m in a more than decent spot now looking ahead at the schedule.

2 Likes

You’re thought process is exactly where it should be. Keep picking the way you are and you’ll be in better shape than most. With that said it’s the NFL and we saw yesterday 7 point + teams beaten at home. There’s no such thing as a lock in the NFL.

2 Likes

My first four were 49ers, Browns, Ravens, and Bengals.

Or to be more accurate, my first four picks were Lions, Texans, Lions, and Jaguars. I’m not sure I want to keep picking the Lions to lose, though. They’re scaring me too often! They seem to be an upset waiting to happen; just a matter of time.

I’m only alive because the Ravens bounced a field goal across the crossbar as time expired to pull out a victory over the Lions. That’s way too close for comfort, but shyte happens.

No one is going to win this solely on skill, that’s for sure. Ask the 16 people who somehow failed to predict that the Packers would get slaughtered by the Saints 38-3 week one, falling short of covering the spread by 39 points! :joy: Yeah, saw that comin’… :roll_eyes:

On any given Sunday…

2 Likes

Anyone wants to pick Vikings this week?

1 Like

No thanks. That means betting on the Lions to lose again. I’ve already done that 2 out of 4 weeks, and after it took an NFL record 66-yard field goal bouncing over the crossbar to keep me in this contest, I’m not sure I want to go for the hat trick! There are other losers left to bet against.

1 Like

Me too! Here here to fading the Leos

Next week might be either Cardinals or Bucs for me.

fingers crossed

1 Like

Did anyone know how maybe player left?

Im either going Pats, Falcons or Vikings this week

Obvious pick is Tampa but coming off that kind if emotional game vs a team who got embarrassed last week i could see Miami getting out early on the Bucs

Was wondering the same. Is there a list somewhere?

These are posted weekly and will likely be posted today or tomorrow at the latest.

2 Likes

Congrats to the survivors!

To the rest, good game!

1 Like

I know I should have made a listing of my picks, but is there a way you can tell us what teams we’ve already picked.

This is also part of the weekly post and as mentioned will be up today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Ok I can see how Standarddeviant was saying keep track of your own lol

Every week we’re gonna have a few people lol

Unofficial tally:

173 survived week 4, although when the moderators announce the numbers they usually differ by one or two from my numbers, probably due to email discrepancies or something. Who knows. I know 262 survived week 3, 11 failed to play, so 251 made picks, and 78 were eliminated: 3 Lions, 53 Titans, 1 Falcons, 20 Saints, and 1 Broncos.

Postscript: 3 pm Eastern Time: The moderators just posted the list of week 4 survivors here and it agrees with my total of 173 survivors. https://community.bovada.lv/t/survivor-picks-after-week-4/457309

2 Likes

I know I’m more than a little bit anal-retentive, but I don’t see how anyone can play a contest like this without keeping track of who you’ve picked and who is still available, especially if you want to look at the schedule for the rest of the season and plan ahead.

On the other hand, what use is planning when 42% (27/64) of the favorites the first four weeks not only failed to cover but actually lost. 59% (38/64) of the favorites failed to cover!

I’m starting to wonder if the only way to win this will be to put the schedule on the wall and throw darts while blindfolded.

• Note: my tally of upsets may differ by one or two from someone else’s; it’s based on whenever in the week I snapshotted Bovada’s lines, which varies from Tuesday to Thursday. But the lines usually don’t change all that much.
1 Like

Do any experienced gamblers know how long it usually takes Bovada to post lines for games involving teams that played the night before? I’ve noticed that after a Sunday or Monday night game, there are only 14 lines posted for a while, I suppose while they crunch the results of the game to decide where to open the spread for the next two games.

I wasn’t complaining I was more than less agreeing with you. Why I remind myself who I’ve picked.

I don’t have time to keep track of others stuff so +1 to you

1 Like

I understand. I took it that you were agreeing and not complaining. I’m definitely not complaining! I’d like to see half the players forget every week!

I’m only keeping track because I’ve set up a spreadsheet that’s doing it for me. I enjoy building complex spreadsheets in the same way some people enjoy solving crossword puzzles or sodokus. Yeah, I’m a nerd. :nerd_face: Big time!