Week 7 NFL 2021 Survivor Pool

yeah i mean who knows, but those are competitions with millions of people too, since this one only has about 600 id be surprised if more than 1 person went all the way. Midseason is going to be very difficult

1 Like

I was just starting to drink my coffee when I posted previously and had a brain fartā€¦off by a decimal place. 617 x 2.9% would be about 18, not 1.8.

Doh! But thatā€™s not the finish line; you said it was going into the final week, so I assume more were eliminated in the final week, and with a 17-game/18-week season, we have two more weeks.

Itā€™s going to be really interesting in the final third of the season watching how many toss-up games people will be forced to pick from since the most dominating teams will have already been picked. Fun!

1 Like

yeah it should be interesting. Id personally bet against anywhere close to 18 tbh. Theres just so many landmines to navigate for a pool as small as this one. Once the big dogs are off the board there should be a wide variety of picks in the late stages.

Like i have cardinals this week, and chiefs next week at home vs the giants. Those are no brainers and im sure a lot of us are taking the same. Not much drama

In a competitive contest I donā€™t see any competitive advantage to posting my future picks and strategy, but the moderators posted our previous picks. One thing Iā€™m happy about (now) is that Iā€™ve avoided relying on the top tier so far; in the first six weeks, Iā€™ve only used one of the top 10 ranked teams (and they rewarded me by only winning by bouncing an NFL-record field goal over the crossbar!) Thatā€™s going to change the next five weeks; I think Iā€™ll be picking a top 10 team each week. Iā€™m glad I have those options. There are three middle-ranked teams Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll ever pick this year; time will tell. Iā€™m not sure how good or bad they really are, and the match-ups where I might pick them seem way too even for my liking.

Anyone got the time to figure the statistical likelihood of who wins this?

How many people left? What teams have they used? Which teams are they going with going forward etc etc

I think Iā€™ve not really planned and I do notice my next 3 weeks are either road favorites or taking a home dog. Bound to lose one of these weeks.

Scroll up. Btwixed and I have been exchanging comments about this.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been reading.

I just know from here on out for me after the Rams pick this week which yea I donā€™t care if people know thatā€™s my pick Iā€™ve been telling people for weeks now

Week 8-10 I donā€™t know Iā€™ll be very lucky to be here week 11 is all Iā€™m saying

Goodluck to everyone!! I hope I win this so I can find my dad whoā€™s neck deep in debts and is addicted to horse betting. Also to help my grandma for her surgery on her foot due to her diabetes.

3 Likes

I hope you donā€™t have to find him in the mud the blood and the beer like I had to

@Acebov Youā€™ve only used two of the top ten ranked teams so far, so at least your options are still pretty wide open. Good luck. Wellā€¦ sort of :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Daamn. Im sorry bro. I was just making a reference to the squid game.

1 Like

I just want to say I appreciate your stats oriented mind. I like how you keep track of everything with this pool.

Random trivia comment: When I was a kid I had a bunch of jelly beans and was deciding which flavor to eat next. I was talking to my mom and said I liked the black ones the best, so I was going to save them for last and eat my least favorite flavor next.

She told me her strategy, which was the exact opposite: she always ate her favorite flavor. Once they were all gone, sheā€™d eat her next favorite flavor, and so on until they were all gone. Her reasoning: she was always able to choose the best available. Maybe that was her Okie, Dust Bowl, Great Depression upbringing.

Iā€™ve often thought about that when it came time to make choices. Even in this contest, you could just pick the best teams every week and leave the tough decisions for later, or plan ahead and try to reserve as many strong teams for the end.

Up to what week does survivor pools usually last? I mean does it usually go all the way to 18 weeks or no? Sorry this is my 1st survivor pool

i dont mind posting my picks for now, anyone following my lead has no buinsess winning anyway lol.

And for me im competing against myself. If you get to the end you win something, doesnt matter what anyone else does. Just fun to track at this point

2 Likes

Scroll up. Already asked and answered.

And I Johnny Cash

1 Like

Her psychology checks out in my book.

Enjoy the most day 1 and then at least you have jelly beans the next day.

But If I save the best flavor for last I tortured myself the whole time.

1 Like

@Acebov Itā€™s just the way my brain works. I try to make as few wild-ass, seat-of-the-pants guesses as possible and prefer to let facts and statistics guide me wherever I can. Of course $2 + all my previous gambling winnings will buy you a cup of coffee. Oh wait a minuteā€¦ No they wonā€™t! :open_mouth:

(But I donā€™t consider poker as gambling; definitely ahead in that. My sports bets are TINY and only intended for entertainment.)

There arenā€™t many Depression era people left, but they sure had a different outlook on life than the following generations. Most of us (at least most Americans) have had it so easy compared to them.