Week 7 NFL 2021 Survivor Pool

I was right there on the line.

I know I had it better than most but I also got to look up sometimes and hope for better.

Stuck right here in the middle with you doo doo doo dooooo do

New England over the J-E-T-Sā€¦

How do you do my name is Sueā€¦ i got that reference. lol

2 Likes

Arizona Cardinals

Wonā€™t let me pick

Man im so disappointed i miss last week i gave my pick after thursdayā€¦ and i still got my pick correct honestly i wish u guys make d rule just before d game evenā€¦

Youre always best off simply picking the game you have the most confidence in each week. Theres little point in " saving" teams in a sport where 50% of the games are decided by 1 possession AND where even the elite teams are 1 injury away from being average

Why save Tampa when Brady could blow his knee out and you wasted them?

Why save Buffalo when theyll likely have the division wrapped up by week 13 and couod be sitting starters by week 14 or 15?

I used to map out my picks but it never ever worked out because theres too nany variables thar couod go wrong

2 Likes

I think thereā€™s a happy medium between mapping out the next few weeks and remaining flexible since things can change so quickly in this league. If you have two big favorites, A and B, but A likely wonā€™t be a big favorite again later while B plays some trash teams down the road, it would make sense to take A even if B is favored by a couple more points in the instant week.

I think you guys are all overthinking it. Make your pick and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Thinking about using my bronco pick against the browns today Holy cow

You would have had to have entered at the beginning of the season and won every pick up until this point @Kingjoey0719

Cardinals for me

Hey guys,

Just a heads up as of 5:29p ET the following have not submitted their picks:

@CAUSEINOICAN
@DrewMagic
@Phenam
@QueenB123
@Robdarcos
@Taydagreat
@Tim9272000
@wheezer4

Everyone else your selections are locked in.

2 Likes

I have no idea what that even means. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s some kind of suggestion that the deadline be changed, although I really canā€™t tell what youā€™re saying.

I hope the @moderators make no changes at all for future survivor pools. It would make no sense to exclude Thursday night games from the weekly pool and make Sunday the deadline. During the middle of the season when there are byes, there are between 1 and 3 fewer games to choose from. The deeper we get into the season, with all our prior picks off-limits, excluding Thursday night games would become increasingly problematic. (And of course thereā€™s the Thanksgiving games.)

For example, weeks 13 and 14 are the last two weeks with byes. There will only be 14 games each of those two weeks. By that point, 12 and 13 teams respectively will be unavailable to pick. Tossing the Thursday night game because someone might forget to make their selection makes no sense. To play this contest, you have to make your picks on time each week. You have more than a 48-hour window to make your selections, and they allow you to change them right up until the deadline. You snooze, you lose.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a free thing and the mods have been more than accommodating.

Maybe the users need to get on the damn community site and check in every single day.

6 Likes

or learn to set reminders on their phonesā€¦ just a thought :nerd_face:

Thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

Ramsā€¦whewwwwā€¦almost forgot

Go go Texans, half of us are your fans

2 Likes

I won its week 7 right