1st ever Bovada NBA poster playoffs competition!

Ok guys! We are back!

On the heels of our super fun and successful March Madness comp Bovada has agreed to let me run a NBA comp for the playoffs

Here’s how it’s going to work

I’m going to be posting the games to pick for the upcoming NBA playoffs. You need to pick them.

I’ll be separating all the competitors into 16 separate divisions for round 1. If you win your division you’ll advance to the conference semu finals for rd 2 where you’ll be put into 4 pods with 4 posters in each if you win your pod you’ll be in the conference finals where you’ll face 1 other poster heads up to try to get to the Finals

Then, during the NBA Finals, our last 2 posters will compete to be the first ever Bovada NBA pick em champion

Prize pool is 1500 total and will be allocated as such

-if you make the conference semis ( make the top 16 ) you’ll get 40 dollars

• if you make the conference finals ( make the top 4 ) you’ll get 90 dollars

• if you make the NBA poster Finals you’ll get 125 dollars

• and if you win the title you’ll get 250 dollars

Note. This is VERY IMPORTANT so please read

If you dont make picks for the first rd games starting this weekend you will NOT be eligible to make picks for the rest of the tourney. I need to set the divisions right away so there will be no late entry allowed

Also note this won’t be like the March Madness tourney in that you will not be afforded multiple days to figure out who you’re picking. The NBA has playoff games every day once they start so I’ll be posting games every day that you are responsible to pick. If you want to compete you need to be responsible to come here to the forum every day and get your picks in

Thanks to Bovada again for sponsoring this!

Ill be posting the first set of games late Wednesday

All you need to do is get the picks in

On Friday I’ll be putting everyone into divisions and posting what division youre in. The playoffs start Saturday so picks will be due by 5 PM CST Friday. Once again if you don’t get your initial picks in you can not compete so make sure to get them in on time

Let’s have some fun!!

@Maddie_Bovada please move to comps and pin please

21 Likes

I pick Minneapolis Lakers
tiebreaker: Elgin Baylor >17.5 points!

1 Like

Those are my picks too so i need another tiebreaker lol

Bob Cousy < 14.5 assists
Just to make sure I’m dating myself, I watched him play many times on our black & white TV with rabbit ears.

At Holy Cross lol

Nope, Celtics. Red Auerbach lighting up his victory cigar.

1 Like

Of you guys are going to be doing the pick en maybe leave me a little comment here so i can get a cursory idea of how many people im looking at

1 Like

I’m still a little unclear of our time commitment. I get that we need to turn in our first pick Friday. After that, is there going to be a new set of picks every single day for months? And if we miss a day, we’re out? :thinking:

1 Like

There will be picks pretty much every day

You’re not out if you miss a day but you’re not in if you don’t get the first set of picks in

I need to put everyone into divisions by Friday so i won’t be adding any people once we start

But if you’re already in and you miss a day you’re still in you just don’t get any points for the games you miss making it less likely you’ll advance

1 Like

I’ll definitely start. I’m unclear why everyone will have to log in daily and have just a few hour window to make their picks. You can post and give everyone 48 hours. The games aren’t surprises. They are 7-game series and the schedules are set in advance. I can understand posting daily picks and having daily deadlines, but why can’t you give people at least 2 days to get their picks in, so if they’re tied up for a day and can’t log in, the next day they can get two days worth of picks in?

Sounds awesome! I’m in…go Kings!

2 Likes

There will be 24+ hours between picks but i still will need to post the games daily

Like ill post the Saturday and Sunday games Wednesday night after the matchups are established

I’m going to be using the spreads for the NBA contest since there will be less games on the NBA contest than we had for the college one so i want to try to make it tougher so ill need to wait for lines to come out to post the games

It will never be just a few hr window though. More like 24ish which should be enough time for everyone to get their picks in

1 Like

I’m in! Thanks for running these contests fellas!

1 Like

Ill be on my own this time around

@StndrDeviant has some hot dates set up with his lovely wife and I’m not getting in the way of that action

3 Likes

Im in… This Should Be Fun!!!

1 Like

Letsgo! We are back!

1 Like

I assume many posters make their picks from their phones. I’ve never done that (always use my laptop, which I find much easier), but I guess I’ll have to learn how! My wife might not appreciate me picking basketball games while seeing the sights in Ireland, but I’ll sneak it in somehow.

Ireland is awesome. You guys will have a blast

1 Like

Yet my lips will never touch the Blarney Stone! :neutral_face: