Site Stability Updates - 2

Hi everyone,

For the past few weeks, we have been experiencing website stability issues; we are here to confirm that these issues have been the result of repeated, distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks.

When they occur, these attacks generally restrict some player’s access by flooding our site with traffic. While they have been rightfully causing frustration to our players, these attacks DO NOT put any of your account information or funds at risk.

Assaults of this nature are not unique to our industry, often carried out by cybercriminals, competitors and other bad actors who may request ransom, want to further their cause, or are simply out to settle a grudge.

While we have faced these challenges since the inception of our business and successfully mitigated the majority without disruption to our players, the sophistication of these recent attacks has presented new challenges. Norton has gone as far as to document the evolution of Dos attacks, https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-emerging-threats-dos-attacks-explained.html.

We will continue to mitigate the impact of these attacks to ensure minimal to no disruption and will keep our players posted with new information as it becomes available here.

We will be actively monitoring the situation over the weekend and remain committed to compensating players affected by these issues once we are confident further interruptions are prevented.

Please keep in mind, that our Customer Service teams do not have any additional information on the stability of the site.

Thank you for continuing to put your trust in us, knowing your funds are always secure, and that we will always defend against these malicious attacks to prevent further disruption to the world-class experience you expect when playing with us.

32 Likes

This could have been said weeks ago why keep it in the dark so long. If your site is being attacked the players with funds on the site should be told immediately not weeks later.

51 Likes

Do you know if you’ll be offering compensation?

17 Likes

Please see below @Bryane1482

12 Likes

Thank you for update

2 Likes

All we have asked for is a little transparency. Thank you for finally updating us on the situation, but there is no reason it should have taken this long for any kind of update. Either way, I appreciate you posting this, and hopefully this will be over soon.

19 Likes

@James_Bovada I have not been depositing for about the last week due to not receiving updates. I will continue to not do so until this is cleared. I am expecting a large compensation for the total disrespect of its own players and keeping us in the dark on this for weeks.

40 Likes

I hope you look at the issues the last two weeks as well and not just this weekend in terms of compensation but it’s good to know what happened now

4 Likes

Yeah this sort of issue not coming to light I’m not happy it took this long just to say that. I put way to much on here for them to avoid telling us something like this

15 Likes

Wow this is even worse than I thought. So this site has been under cyber attack for two weeks and Bovada doesn’t tell anyone? This is exactly why nobody should have been playing here. Imagine having thousands in your account that’s at risk and they don’t even tell you?? Unreal.

10 Likes

Wonder if that’s why I keep getting all these damn spam and telemarketing calls back to back

10 Likes

Seems like it has gotten worse now

3 Likes

From Panama?

5 Likes

Yea yesterday

2 Likes

DDOS attacks are nothing new and something we have been dealing with since the inception of our business, but as we mentioned the sophistication of these recent attacks has presented new challenges.

I want to reiterate that your funds have always been, and will continue to remain safe. A “denial of service” or DoS attack is used to tie up a website’s resources so that users who need to access the site cannot do so, and DO NOT put any of your account information or funds at risk.

4 Likes

5 different calls in one day… Ridiculous

6 Likes

SeBen different times

1 Like

Yeah I got calls from Panama last week as well. If this has been the case, why were these sites still accepting player deposits throughout the attack and why did they decide to remain open? Had I known this earlier, I would have 100% held back on making any deposits until this situation was resolved. The way this whole situation was handled from an business ethics point of view doesn’t sit well with me. :frowning:

14 Likes

I hope the moderators listening so here I go I wait a week and I tried to deposit sporadically a kick me out when I got in I try to put that said it locked me out so I guess my better judgment I deposit today I play it was OK I want to put you bad said it didn’t click god so now the site is down I can’t even get onto the site this is stupid not only am I not getting caught up for the inconvenience

2 Likes

The update actually makes things worse. Even bigger compensation should be given now

24 Likes