Site Stability Updates - 2

I know how these attacks work I defend a massive company against them every day. They may have happened previously but they have never affected the site like this. You have a duty to inform your customers if enhanced attacks are happening to a site where funds are being held. No need to get defensive now because the lack of communication for two weeks has already done its damage to logical/sensible players.

18 Likes

Will those of us who have chosen not to deposit over the last few weeks be compensated? Does that constitute as ā€œbeing impactedā€? I get that it is MY personal choice not to deposit since the banner was put up, but it should be common sense that that qualifies as being negatively impacted, right?

7 Likes

Yeah that update most definitely is worse and now legitimately annoyed we heard nothing til now

7 Likes

Thank you for telling us the true cause. I know that these cyber-attacks are quite common, and hit some of the largest corporations in the world (including companies like Microsoft). In fact, there are real-time websites where you can see the cyber-attacks as they occur in real-time on a country-by-country basis. I appreciate your transparent update. P.S. Links: https://cybermap.kaspersky.com/
https://threatmap.checkpoint.com/

3 Likes

And to further compound on my last comment, are those of us who plan on continuing to hold out on depositing till we receive word this is fixed expected to just not play on the site for another weekend? Wouldnā€™t it make sense to appease us with another round of small compensation so we can at least enjoy the site on the companyā€™s dime till itā€™s over

12 Likes

CS reps are still telling me no, they canā€™t give me any compensation

6 Likes

My exact thoughts. We are going to continually get screwed then screwed again whenever compensation is based on activity during this outage.

5 Likes

I have been receiving few weird text messages from out of the country for the last 7-8 days , dead serious !!

7 Likes

I contacted ā€œLive Chatā€ yesterday for the first time since the site went down and was told: ā€œSorry - but Noā€ to my comp request. At least that is consistent (about 7 requests made - 6 after depositing bitcoin -over the last 4 weeks and a ā€œNoā€ was given each time). Pretty pathetic!

2 Likes

I got a Bovada call from Panama a few days ago but I didnā€™t think much from it. Now it makes more sense

3 Likes

How does it make more sense lol. I got multiple calls from them weeks ago, and then I answered and they just wanted to give me a 100% deposit bonus haha.

4 Likes

Oh ya Walt Disney the tale of cyber attacks. You guys are still taking in money hand over fistā€¦ whereā€™s our comp?

6 Likes

Did you even read the statement? 30 posts in and half of them are asking about compensation. Justā€¦.read? If you want Bovada to respect the player pool, try to act halfway intelligent. The update covers a lot, so Iā€™m sure the updates will be few and far between anyway. And leave CS alone. They donā€™t know anything.

10 Likes

At this point CS isnā€™t even willing to look into my account for any free bonus money that could be added. Absolutely crazy.

1 Like

The promotions team should already have this figured out. No issues for four days so far, they want to wait the weekend sure I can see that. But the promo team should be thinking best case scenario nothing happens this weekend, so they should have this figured out already and ready to go on moments notice. These comps should already be issued.

10 Likes

Basically, because I choose not to deposit, Iā€™m looking at another 3 days MINIMUM of not playing on Bovada lol

James, thank you for the update. One thing Iā€™m confused about: if DDOS attacks are something that are out of Bovadaā€™s hands, what does it mean to be ā€œconfident further interruptions are preventedā€?

Whatā€™s the next decision point? Couldnā€™t that be in 2030?

3 Likes

So iā€™m going to inform the community what up until now, as best as i can gather, Bovada has failed to acknowledge. The reason for the recent issues with the site has been as a result of ongoing DDoS attacks on the network. A friend forwarded me this message that was sent to all players on Ignition. For whatever reason, Bovada hasnā€™t felt the need to pass this information on to us, so i will.

1 Like

@stakkedoff we moved your post here

1 Like

Is there no connection between the moderators here and the CS team? Is there no way for them to even communicate or suggest another small batch of compensation till this is fixed and more compensation can be provided? Iā€™m basically guaranteed no Bovada action through the weekend, because I wonā€™t be depositing till this is fixed

1 Like