Squares Win Changed to a Loss

Im not the first person with this problem i just seen. They closed the thread also so ill make one too… I won and was paid for a squares bet, ten minutes later it was changed to a loss and funds were taken. Offering me a $5 Bonus to make up for the $61 taken from my account is unacceptable. Two hours with customer service got me NO answers as to why they did this. I only want my rightfully won funds not anything free.

6 Likes

We do apologize for this, however sometimes errors do occur especially at something like the Superbowl where there are a huge amount of lines.
I do see that CS did actually give you a bonus in regard to this which was 5x your actual stake.
There is nothing more we would be able to add for you here unfortunately.

3 Likes

The squares bet was for any quarter KC 8 PHI 5 and the 4th quarter final score was KC 38 PHI 35., Thats a clear win and Bovada knew that and paid me. Why was it changed to a loss? How do i get the funds put back where they belong?

You gave me a $5 BONUS to make up for $61 ? How is that fair? I won $61! $5 BONUS is not even close to the same. It doesnt matter if i spent $1 on the bet. I won. Not too mention all the other bets i lost on.

2 Likes

The actual wager lost. Which is why it was re-settled.

I want an answer. Why was i paid out for a clear win. Then the funds taken back and changed to a loss. I want an answer and my funds put back. Also, the $5 bonus was added for the INCONVENIENCE of this situation NOT to make up for $61 you took.

1 Like

I WON. Did you see the bet? Why was it changed to a loss. Its a win! I bet and won. KC 8 PHI 5 - THE SCORE WAS KC 38 TO PHI 35. Explain how that is a loss. Please and thank you.

1 Like

Look forward to actually getting an answer on how this happened and why. Saying errors occur sometimes and offering me a $5 bonus to make up for the $61 taken from my account is unacceptable. I spend money and deserve answers.

1 Like

Note that you bet on an any quarter squares wager, which is ultimately the score at the end of each quarter score. It isn’t the actual score at the end of each quarter, but each quarter’s score. There was no specific quarter where the last digits would have been 5 and 8 within the actual quarter.

This is also why the line was so drastic at +6000 because obviously these scores within a single quarter are very unlikely.

I do believe there were other options for normal squares that followed a normal squares sequence, but can clarify if needed to confirm.

Man +6000 actually seems like really low odds on an individual quarter ending 8/5 lol

I would’ve thought that would be 5× more than that. Maybe more. Especially if you’re being on specific teams to have 8 and 5

2 Likes

It is all 4 quarters though, so you essentially have 4 chances to hit it. Though I still don’t necessarily disagree.

2 Likes

Id be interested to know how may games out of 272 this year hadv1 single quarter with an 8 and a 5 a the numbers lol

Good trivia i guess

I’d wager it was 0

1 Like

I guess a 15 to 8 score line for a 4th quarter wouldnt be too weird in theory. But yea, +6000 seems tough

Sooo what ended up winning ? I had number 8 & 8

Especially when it had to be specific teams with the 8 and the 5

Just the odds of those 2 numbers seems like it should be much higher. Then you add in needing to get each team right and+6000 is just wayyyyyyy too low

1 Like

7-7 double dipped in the 1st and Second, then it was 7 chiefs 3 Eagles, and 7 chiefs, 8 Eagles.

7 Chiefs hit the entire game in this type of bet.

Why was i paid for the win? The bet was clearly explained. Here it is copied
KC 8 PHI 5 (+6000)
Kansas City Chiefs @ Philadelphia Eagles
(Game) Squares Game - Any Quarter
Squares Game for any Quarter. The winning selections will be the two end digits of each team’s Score at the end of each Quarter . For example, if the score at the end of 1Q is Kansas 3 Philadelphia 14, then the 1st winning selection will be KC 3 PHI 4. If the 2Q score is Kansas 10 Philadelphia 7 then the 2nd winning selection will be KC 0 PHI 7. If the 3Q score is Kansas 14 Philadelphia 14 then the 3rd winning selection will be KC 4 PHI 4.

1 Like

I have also read several others complaints with the exact same issue. It was a win, i was paid. Why was it changed? I’m yet to get an answer.

You were paid for the win as the sports team seems to have originally graded it incorrectly as normal squares, which was not the correct grade in this case unfortunately. I do apologize for this, but grade corrections are something that can happen from time to time with any wager.