Squares Win Changed to a Loss

I’m so pissed they did the same thing to me. The first sentence is key. They know they should have worded it as "The last digits of the POINTS SCORED IN THE QUARTER not the score at the end of the quarter, just as squares are supposed to he played. I won 900 bucks and they gave me $5 bonus. Wtf. Never will I use Bovada after this.

2 Likes

It seems like a lazy copy abd paste from a normal squares description

That much is for sure

2 Likes

I think the examples given clarify it.
If Q1 is 3-14 then Q2 cannot possible be 10-7 and Q3 cannot possible be 14-14
That’s how I would read it anyway.

Id be interested to see the net description from a regular squares bet just to comp it to this description. That would help to decipher the differences. Maybe a mod can provide that

That’s fair but it’s also with the knowledge of knowing what the bet is already

Si if you street aware of the what the bet was then it may not read that way

That’s why it would help to see a regular squares bet description

1 Like

Just as a note this is something we’ll follow up with, though we’re not sure how long it will take to get this info. Feedback will be provided either way as well.

1 Like

You cannot write a clearer description of a regular squares bet than “The winning selections will be the two end digits of each team’s Score at the end of each Quarter.” Which was the wording used on this bet.

“Each team’s score at the end of the 4th quarter" were 38 and 35.

4 Likes

I agree . Its a very similar description given the 2 bets are meant to be dissimilar

Which is why it would benefit to see the regular square description on the site

If its the same that’s an issue

1 Like

If the bet was points scored in a quarter then it should have been named that. Naming the bet squares game implies the bet is the total score in the game.

If the intention all along was for the bet to be points in a quarter the wording is clearly deceptive and caused many people, including myself, to place a bet they did no intend on making.

Shame on you Bovada. You need to make this right.

4 Likes

They won’t provide that because this was the regular squares bet. They offered 2 options: “final score only” and “any quarter”.

NO ONE, not even the original bet grader thought we were betting on “points scored each quarter”. Which is the language they would have used if this is what they meant.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. It was so clear and easily understandable that your own people graded it a win after the game and then went back and changed to a loss.

1 Like

I am going to still check on this but if this is the case then that does make it more clear. Final score would seem to me to be accumulated score, and any quarter would be by quarter. I will still try to get the way it was worded but if there were 2 distinct options it is a lot less likely that we’ll be able to regrade this.

Again while I do agree it could have had a line to state that it didn’t work the same as normal squares, it does state each quarters score and not cumulative scores either. It says second quarter score, not the score at the end of the second quarter.

I do agree again that this could have been better described but if there was a clear wager for final score as well, this would have been a good indicator that this was a quarter score and not the actual score.

though either way again i am going to try and get the final score examples and forward feedback to the sports team. Though there is no guarantee these again are going to be reversed.

I too got paid for the 3rd quarter score just to have it taken away 10 minutes later. Come on Bovada i like using yall alot but this wrong

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re seeing the point. The bet was called “squares game”. In a typical Super Bowl squares game there is a payout for the second digit in each teams score total at the end of each quarter.

Selecting “any quarter” in a game called squares game implies you get those two numbers for the final cumulative team score at the end of all four quarters. Maybe it was Bovada’s intention all along for the bet to be points scored in a quarter but that was not conveyed clearly in the description. The name of the bet and the description of the bet would lead anyone who has ever played Super Bowl squares to believe they were betting cumulative total not quarter total.

At minimum this is deceptive language and like I said before, caused many people including myself to make a bet they didn’t know they were making.

5 Likes

The bet description literally says “the two end digits of each team’s score at the end of each Quarter.” You cannot interpret that in any other way than a traditional squares game.

5 Likes

I agree. It states score at the end of each quarter.
Score = Cumulative sum of the points scored for each team, at the end of each quarter.

Bovada this is wrong. Please just fix the issue, and change the bet’s language next time if you don’t like paying out.

3 Likes

Especially when bet is literally called “squares game”.

If you wanted it to be points scored per quarter you should have said teams score for each quarter or teams score per quarter, not teams score at the end of each quarter. If i asked what’s the teams score at the end of the 2nd? You wouldn’t say the points they scored in the quarter you’d say the total score after the 2nd quarter.

6 Likes

I told you squares would get graded wrong. Lol. They. Cant even grade square pool. Lol

Im not suggesting people got screwed or didn’t, but this why I dont bet on things that have a worded description oh boy what a mess either way