Technical error

I booked this live bet and it said that the college game was in the first half still- apparently wasn’t the case? Ref #23031698501127

Your fault for relying on scoreboard. That is what you will be told lol

3 Likes

Hi @Cnilson1,

We will confirm with the Sports Team if the line that was available at the time should be available. In relation to using the scoreboard for betting this is something that is cautioned against in the rules. The scoreboard should not be used for betting as it’s only for reference purposes.

Shoot that sucks- doesn’t seem like it happens that often for me. I guess I’ll start having to screen shot that too

Live wagers are a risky game to play with bovada. They will always tell you you can’t rely on the live scoreboard. So basically never trust what you see and never trust the lines that are up for live wagers. Real sketchy.

The line that was available was indeed correct as your spread was 39.5 and the end-of-game spread is 39, which means you loss by 0.5.

I understand that and I appreciate your explanation- I just wanted to make sure bovada was made aware that it incorrectly stated that it was the first half, when it was actually the second half.

I’m sure people could understand why that live bet would look more lucrative stating the game was still in the first half

I understand issues such as lagging, not being up to the second real time, but grossly misrepresenting by displaying the wrong team up by 15 points is blatant misrepresentation and should void the action.

A post was split to a new topic: Wager not settled