Bovada Poster Tourney E8 results and discussion

What a crazy run by NCSU

From 17-14 and down 12 second half in the first rd of the ACC tourney to Louisville to 17 days later you’re in the final 4

Nuts

Purdue is going to beat them by 20

But still nuts

2 Likes

You stupid as hell pumped em to say by 20 but yeah it might get ugly

:rofl::joy::rofl: idk burns and Eddy is gonna be a good matchup down low, idk who has the advantage but I’m leaning towards burns cuz his body type

:basketball: :basketball_man: :dollar: Week 6 Scoreboard through Game 22: :dollar: :basketball_woman: :basketball:

One more day to go and the Final Four will be set! But still three of the four spots are still open.

Again, if you want to review scores of games played Thursday or Friday, scroll up and they’ve already been posted.

Here is the rest of the scoreboard:

:basketball_woman:

Day/EDT Trny/TV Seed Team Score Result E8 Picks
Sat Women 3 LSU 78 Won 6 (75%)
1:00 PM ABC 2 UCLA 69 2 (25%)
Sat Women 5 Colorado 68 0 (0%)
3:30 PM ABC 1 Iowa 89 Won 8 (100%)
Sat Women 5 Baylor 70 0 (0%)
5:30 PM ESPN 1 USC 74 Won 8 (100%)
Sat Women 7 Duke 45 0 (0%)
8:00 PM ESPN 3 Connecticut 53 Won 8 (100%)

:basketball_man:

Sat Men 6 Clemson 82 3 (38%)
8:49 PM TBS 4 Alabama 89 Won 5 (63%)
Sat Men 3 Illinois 52 0 (0%)
6:09 PM TBS 1 Connecticut 77 Won 8 (100%)
Sun Men 11 N.C. State 76 Won 1 (13%)
5:05 PM CBS 4 Duke 64 7 (88%)
Sun Men 2 Tennessee 66 3 (38%)
2:20 PM CBS 1 Purdue 72 Won 5 (63%)

:basketball_woman:

Sun Women 3 Oregon St. 58 0 (0%)
1:00 PM ABC 1 South Carolina 70 Won 8 (100%)
Sun Women 3 N.C. State 76 Won 1 (13%)
3:00 PM ABC 1 Texas 66 7 (88%)
Day/EDT Trny/TV Seed Team
Mon Women LSU
7:15 PM ESPN Iowa
Mon Women USC
9:15 PM ESPN Connecticut
LSU vs Iowa - Over/Under 161.5:
Mon Women Over
7:15 PM ESPN Under

Tie-breaker 1. Caitlin Clark total points+rebounds+assists vs LSU
Tie-breaker 2. JuJu Watkins total points+rebounds+assists vs UConn
Tie-breaker 3. Paige Bueckers total points+rebounds+assists vs USC

Elite 8 Bracket Standings:

Seed Contestant Won Seed Contestant Won
1. @Duckfan32 14 vs. 8. @brian_123 14
4. @jayreid 14 vs. 5. @Schradc18 13
6. @Nyri_barrett 14 vs. 3. @ngiftakis 10
2. @Jajaoly 13 vs. 10. StndrDeviant 13

Congratulations again to Nyri_barrett for clinching a Final Four seat.

Duckfan32 and brian_123 are tied 14-14.

Jajaoly and StndrDeviant are tied 13-13.

And jayreid followed his Raleigh niece’s advice and picked the N.C. State Wolfpack men and women, both of whom were underdogs, won both picks, and managed to come from behind to pull ahead of Schradc18 14-13.

Monday is the big day that will determine who will compete in the Final Four.

Competitors, remember to get your picks in to @Rmilia1 on Monday by 1 PM EDT, 12 Noon CDT, 10 AM PDT, and for those of you living in Antananarivo, Madagascar, 8 PM East Africa Time.

2 Likes

Hey quick question about the LSU Iowa total. Was 161.5 intentionally set aside from the actual line? Most books have the total listed at 168.5, and I think Bovada’s at 169.0. Usually as I’m sure everyone already knows if a line moves this close to a game it’s like .5 point to maybe 2 points of movement. Idk what the juice would be but I’d assume it be huge on our line buying 7 points down to 161.5? Obviously I guess I’d prefer if we can set that closer to the listed total but I know I’m just 1 of 7 left in this so I’ll go with the will of the group. Ps….I hate NC State lol

@Rmilia1

1 Like

Yep i did 161.5 myself as the line wasn’t out yet last night

I think it’s OK as we have tiebreaker for a reason

And if the under got and someone takes it then that’s a big advantage ( not dissimilar from picking NC State today for example ).
We’ve already had picks turned in so no point in changing anything now

3 Likes

I wondered the same thing @Schradc18 when @Rmilia1 posted the over/under. When I saw it I checked and found sites, including Bovada, that already had it at 169.5. But it’s been done, and we’re all picking from the same slate. I agree with Rmilia1 that picks have already been turned in, and some might be busy tomorrow and not see a revision to the picks in time. It just wouldn’t be right to change it. And the tie-breakers are there, so we’ll end up with a Final Four after tomorrow night’s games.

2 Likes

Still need picks from 3 of you guys

You have 2 more hrs

@Nyri_barrett
@brian_123

@jayreid if i dobt great from you I’ll put in the picks you sent me

1 Like

https://community.bovada.lv/t/500-bovada-poster-tournament-bracket-standings/1201536/15

@Mikey_Bovada, would you please unlock and re-pin referenced thread to Competitions and not close it until April 10. It’s so much simpler to have all the discussion and results on the same thread that people can easily find than to keep having to open, pin, and find new threads. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you Mikey. We’ll keep that thread going until all of these b-ball tournaments are over. Tomorrow I’ll post this main tournament’s results here and that one over there.

1 Like

@StndrDeviant do we have the same plays again? Lol

Alas, we do. :slightly_frowning_face: I was vacillating between Iowa and LSU anyway, and when @Rmilia1 sent me your picks, I was tempted to change my LSU to Iowa, but that wouldn’t have been Kosher.

I’m about to post everyone’s picks. I hope Caitlin gets muscle cramps at halftime and needs to sit out the rest of the game! (Temporary, of course! I don’t wish anyone injury. :innocent:)

It’s like I’m playing myself. Lol. I thought you were gonna select Iowa for sure, since you were giving Clark all that love the other day.

1 Like

I was also trying to guess what you’d do. I honestly thought when @Rmilia1 sent your picks to me several hours before the deadline, that you’d wait until the final few minutes, change to Clemson, Rmilia1 would remind you they weren’t playing, then you’d change to Iowa. I seriously thought about changing my pick so we differed; that really wouldn’t have bothered me ethically, since the real purpose in secret ballots was to keep someone in the lead from locking out their opponent by duplicating their picks. This was the opposite situation, and we’d probably both welcome different picks. I sure have no idea about the point totals for the three players.

2 Likes

OK, everybody, here are the picks for tonight!

Monday’s Picks @Duckfan32 @brian_123 Contested Games
Iowa-LSU Iowa Iowa
USC-UConn Connecticut Connecticut
O/U 161.5 Over Over
Tie-breakers:
Caitlin Clark 50 48
JuJu Watkins 42 44
Paige Bueckers 44 46
Rochambeau :rock: :newspaper:
Monday’s Picks @jayreid @Schradc18 Contested Games
Iowa-LSU Iowa Iowa
USC-UConn USC Connecticut Contested
O/U 161.5 Over Over
Tie-breakers:
Caitlin Clark 54 48
JuJu Watkins 44 41
Paige Bueckers 34 44
Rochambeau :scissors: :rock:
Monday’s Picks @Nyri_barrett @ngiftakis Contested Games
Iowa-LSU LSU Iowa Contested
USC-UConn USC Connecticut Contested
O/U 161.5 Under Over Contested
Tie-breakers:
Caitlin Clark 42 46
JuJu Watkins 39 39
Paige Bueckers 31 37
Rochambeau :newspaper: :scissors:
Monday’s Picks @StndrDeviant @Jajaoly Contested Games
Iowa-LSU LSU LSU
USC-UConn Connecticut Connecticut
O/U 161.5 Over Over
Tie-breakers:
Caitlin Clark 45 47
JuJu Watkins 41 38
Paige Bueckers 41 35
Rochambeau :rock: :newspaper:

Good luck, everyone. If it comes down to Rock-Paper-Scissors, we’ll meet at a neutral, central site (Topeka?) and have at it. Rochambeau seemed less lethal and more legal than dueling pistols at 10 paces.

Or maybe instead of Topeka, I think @Rmilia1 lives in the Midwest; we can settle it in his front yard. (But he buys the beer.)

1 Like

Truly. I wish I could change my play to Iowa now. Hahaha.

Seriously, only one match could need a 4th tie-breaker. @Duckfan32 and @brian_123 are currently tied 14-14, have the same three picks for tonight, and each of their three tie-breakers are an even number apart. If Clark’s total is 49, Watkins 43, and Bueckers 45, maybe rock-paper-scissors isn’t such a bad idea! As improbable as that scenario is, who knows? It is called March Madness, after all!

1 Like

Yeah, as I contemplated changing my LSU pick, I wondered how likely it would be that we’d BOTH change to Iowa in the final few minutes!

1 Like

I hope that Rochambeau happens in this matchup, not that it’ll benefit me in any form.