Wager Settlement Issues

Hi, I need someone to review the last wager. It should be pushover since the player retired and not a loss. Please can someone help?

@moderators

Can you please look into this?

You need to post the actual ticket with the reference number of the wager

Just take a screenshot off the ticket with the ref # and post it here

Hi @vibs0138, is the the wager that was settled today?

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct. Just the last one, Ref. 24071966576622. Apologize didn’t know that I should have posted here and not create a new one

1 Like

Checking with the team.

1 Like

Thank you, the player who was placed as part of the bet retired hurt, so should have been a pushover like in the past but was incorrectly assigned as a loss.

1 Like

Hi @Brooke_Bovada, any update on this ? I still see don’t the wager corrected

Still waiting for an update from the team.

1 Like

Any ETA on this or is it resolved based on the queue?

I will follow up with them again.

1 Like

Thank you, please let me know.

As per further review, the wager was correctly settled based on the rule Batsman Runs rule #29:

The result of this wager is determined by the total number of runs scored by the named batsman. If the batsman finishes the innings not out, as a result of a declaration, the team reaching the end of their allotted overs, or the team reaching their target; his score will be the final result. If a batsman does not bat, the bet will be void. If a batsman is not in the starting 11, bets will be void. If a batsman retires hurt, but returns later, the total runs scored by that batsman in the innings will count. If the batsman does not return later, the final result will be as it stood when the batsman retired.

Brooke, it’s an injury based retirement. He had to retire due to an injury, how could that be accounted in the bet?

Could you please send me a message? I will explain

Regretfully, the decision was made to count the total runs that Batsman scored during the innings. The outcome will be the same as it was when the batter retired if he or if injury occurred and does not return later. So the score still stands unfortunately, it was lesser than the amount in the wager.

But I have had a similar bet termed it as a pushover when the player retired due to injury and lost the match? What’s with the discrepancy?

Can I please get some explanation around this? I’m still not sure why this was placed as a loss

These are the rules as already posted:

Batsman Runs: The result of this wager is determined by the total number of runs scored by the named batsman. If the batsman finishes the innings not out, as a result of a declaration, the team reaching the end of their allotted overs, or the team reaching their target; his score will be the final result. If a batsman does not bat, the bet will be void. If a batsman is not in the starting 11, bets will be void. If a batsman retires hurt, but returns later, the total runs scored by that batsman in the innings will count. If the batsman does not return later, the final result will be as it stood when the batsman retired